Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Evelyn Fowlis, I'm Happy Here


Introduction

Evelyn Fowlis, or as I like to call her, grandma, is my grandmother on my step mothers side. I was blessed to have a touch of Filipino culture when my father remarried. Growing up as a kid, I never really knew any history about the Philippines, the only thing that I did know was that I was in love with the food. Family gatherings were the highlights of my childhood, and they still are.
The reason why I chose to interview my grandmother was because she is the only member alive in my family tree that has spent years in the Philippines and in the United States. This is her story.

Video Segments

1. Family Background

A brief description of who Evelyn grew up with in the Philippines.


2. Living in the Philippines

Evelyn explains what day to day life was like during her life in the Philippines (schooling, free time, etc…) with a brief mention of the impact of the Marcos Regime.


3. Leaving the Philippines

Evelyn goes into detail on why she had to leave the Philippines and what she had to take with her.


4. Coming/Settling in the United States

The precautions that Evelyn had to take when she arrived in the U.S. are mentioned along with her day to day life in San Francisco, CA.


A nice side story from back in the day.


Life in San Francisco continued. With some brief input from my Auntie Bobbie and my stepmother Kathy. (off screen)


4.Conclusion

The ultimate question is asked.


1 comment:

  1. I am the grand daughter of Arthur Fowlis brother of Kirk Fowlis. I just found this connection the genealogy. Please would appreciate finding any other family. I am on Ancestry and Facebook Nicole K. Burton

    ReplyDelete